Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Conversations with Claire Part 2

Talking to Arden: "Well, I'm sorry, Arden, but that's your only option."

Talking to me: "That is making my very frustrated."

And to me again: "Why are you freaking out, Mom?"

A conversation with my mom, when driving by a golf course:
C: "What's that?"
Nana: "That's a golf course."
C: "Grandad Tracy plays golf."
Nana: "What about Mimi? Doesn't she play golf too?"
C: "No, only boys play golf."
Nana: "Girls can play golf, too. Girls can play anything boys can play." Girl Power!
C: "Oh, maybe I can play golf someday. Then I can wear golf shirts and golf shoes. And golf shorts..."

C: "Where's Daddy?"
Me: "Daddy's at work."
C: "Oh. He has to go get the money."
Me: "Yeah, that's right."
C: "Girls don't go to work."
Me: "Well, some girls don't go to work, but some girls do. Some girls go to work just like Daddy. And some girls stay home like me. Girls can do anything boys can do. " Girl Power!
C: (looking skeptical) "You don't go to work."
Me: "Well, I stay home and take care of you and Arden."
C: "Maybe you could go to work sometime."

1 comment:

Cortney said...

Oh, I love that Claire Bear. Kids say the funniest things. Thanks for sharing; now, go to work!