Monday, January 28, 2008

It Used to Be Quiet Around Here

Claire has recently added several new phrases to her vocabulary which I feel are important to document. For posterity, you know.

1. "Wawk-ward": translation--awkward; origin--"The Grinch" and "Hannah Montanna"; Uses--in response to any situation that is undesireable, i.e., "Claire, if you don't come here and let me fix your hair RIGHT NOW, I'm going to spank your bottom!"

2."I don't know about that": translation--I don't know about that; origin--unknown, but probably me; Uses--in response to any situation that is undesireable, i.e., "Claire, it's time to go lay down for a nap".

3."Oh yeah, Oh yeah, whoo, whoo": translation--variable; origin--"Hannah Montanna," unfortunately. Uses--pretty much anytime, so long as accompanied by a little dance.

Arden has also been busy expanding her own vocabulary. In addition to her often over-used favorites of "no," "mine," and "bite," she has added "cookie," "yeah," and "fish". She's also quite adept at saying "Uh-huh" and "Nuh-uh". She's got all the important things down.

No comments: