Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Catching Up: Or, I Finally Loaded the Pictures Off My Broken Camera

I mentioned several weeks ago that I broke my digital camera. I didn't want to bore you with the details, so I didn't share what specifically had broken. To excuse my recent lack of blogging, I feel like I should explain that while my camera will still take pictures, I can no longer upload them to my PC unless I load them directly through my photo printer. This. Takes. For. Ever.
But, I finally got them loaded, so brace yourself for another picture blitz.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Dallas. We spent a fun weekend with Grandad and Mimi and Aunt Ashley and Uncle Thad (Uncle Fad, as Claire would say). We had a great visit and Claire had a blast playing with Alex and swimming in the hot tub with Grandad.




The very next weekend, we were off to Memphis to run the St. Jude's Marathon. And by "we" I mean Jason. I officially downgraded to the 5K last month. I would like to say I had a good reason for this, but really it boils down to laziness. And lack of self-discipline. But, hey! A 5k! Just have fun with it! And I was, until I got passed by a nine year old girl and a man pushing another grown man in a wheelchair. Really, how slow do I run?
But Jason did great (he would tell you otherwise) and we got to spend some child-free time with our BFFs, Ryan and Cortney, so all in all, it was a great weekend.




Now we're just trying to enjoy the Christmas festivities. Our tree is up and decorated (Claire was a big help this year and my OCD self is learning to embrace the fact that 75% of the ornaments are on the bottom two branches of the tree).




The presents are wrapped and under the tree. And we've attempted several Christmas card photo shoots... Here's a little sample of what we've been experiencing when it comes to posing for a joyful holiday photo.


Tis the season!

No comments: