Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Early Bird...


It's 7:30 in the morning and Arden is down for her first nap. Do you know what that means? That means she's been awake long enough to need a nap at 7:30 in the morning. More specifically, it means she's been awake since 5:23. A.M.

So, I know a few months ago I blogged about how Arden wasn't sleeping through the night and how I dreamed of the day that I would get a full eight hours sleep and, for the love of all things sacred, why does this kid wake up at 3:30 every night?! It seems now that I should have been more specific about what I wanted from her. Yes, I wanted her to sleep through the night. Yes, I wanted to get a full night's sleep. But, come on, do we really consider 5:23 A.M. as sleeping through the night? It's a little to close to 4:00 a.m., which, in my opinion, is definitely still the middle of the night.

And it's not like she just wakes up and wants to snuggle on the couch and watch a little TV. No, she wakes up ready to start the day by emptying out all the bins in the toy box, taking all the plastic bowls out of the kitchen drawers, and climbing in the dishwasher. For some reason, "Let Mommy have her coffee first" means nothing to her.

There could be hope though. Claire went through an early-rising phase as well and I'm very proud to announce that it's now 7:52 and she just woke up. Looks like she's out of that phase--and it only took two years!

1 comment:

Cortney said...

Ouch! I am (almost, but not quite) feeling your pain; it doesn't matter what time my kids get tucked in (8:00 or 10:00), they are up at the crack of dawn, which would be 6:30. Not 5:23. Like I said, ouch.