Wednesday, September 26, 2007
New wire and splicer: $69
Two Hours Labor for Two Electricians: $120
Not electrocuting yourself when you drill a hole through the dining room wall into the back of the main power supply of your BRAND NEW HOUSE: priceless
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Sunday, we went to Jason's mom's after Church to have a birthday lunch in Jason's honor (we like to draw our birthday celebrations out as long as humanly possible). No pictures from that, but trust me, Claire had a big time hanging with Jason's teenage cousins and Arden ran around like a wild child, scavenging food from whoever was nearby.
Friday, September 21, 2007
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules. (if you don’t have a blog, email me)
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
1. I am a big fan of "The Hills". There. I said it. Yes, I do realize it's a show about 20 year olds and that it airs on MTV. I also realize that I'm 31 and that admitting this will immediately remove me from being one of the Cool Kids, but I can't help myself.
2. I drink at least 3 cups of coffee every morning and prefer that I drink it out of my favorite red mug. I get a little sad when that mug is in the dishwasher and I have to use one of my back-ups.
3. My nickname growing up was "Merf". About half of my family still calls me that.
4. I have a very real (irrational) fear of all bugs, especially spiders. I don't like killing them because I don't want my hands or feet to be in direct contact with them. If I see one on the floor, I will usually put a huge plastic cup over it until Jason comes home and disposes of it. If I see one on the wall or ceiling, I try to spray it with something (hairspray, windex, whatever's handy).
5. My favorite dessert of all time is a cookie cake from the Cookie Company. The more white icing on it, the better.
6. When I'm running, I tap each finger on my left hand against my thumb and chant in my head "Every mile is a blessing. Every mile is a blessing. Every mile is a blessing..." I have no idea why I started doing this, but it keeps me focused (usually).
7. All of the food in my pantry is arranged by type--labels out. I recognize that this makes me sort of like Julia Robert's creepy husband in "Sleeping With the Enemy," but I can't help myself. I also make sure my towels are hanging the same length and that the stripes at the bottom are lined up.
8. I love to read. Once I start a new book, I'm pretty much out of commission until I've finished reading it. Some of my recent favorite books are: "My Sister's Keeper," "19 Minutes," "Kite Runner," and "A Thousand Splendid Suns."
OK, so that's my eight random facts. Now I get to "tag" some friends. Cortney, Staci, Summer, Kristi, Lisa, Ashley and Rachel--you're it!
Monday, September 17, 2007
The "Bath Time is My Favorite Time of the Day" Face.
The "I Finally Mastered That Front Step" Face.
1. Nutrigrain bars are no longer her favorite breakfast. She has moved on to Eggos and pancakes, just like sister.
Monday, September 10, 2007
To my great relief, she was excited to go and didn't fuss one bit (so different from last year). Her teacher said she had a great day and was "best best friends" with a new little girl named Kate. Apparently, they had a big time playing cell phones together.
On the way home from school, I asked her a barrage of questions, which she reluctantly answered. What was your snack? Graham crackers and juice. Who did you play with? Kate and Izzy and Bo and Elizabeth is not there because she goes to a new school and her is not at my old school anymore. What was your craft? Stamps and I scissored with these two fingers ALL. BY. MY. SELF. What did you talk about in circle time? Silence. Did you have circle time? Silence. Did you learn anything today? Silence. Did you do the days of the week? Oh, yeah we did the calendar. What was your favorite part of the day? Recess.
On Friday, Aunt Ashley and Uncle Thad came into town for a visit, bearing gifts of course. Real scrubs for Claire and a puzzle for Arden. Claire has worn her scrubs every day since and has forced me to be her patient, giving me shots and listening to my temperature. She has a few things to learn about medicine.
On Saturday, Claire had her first soccer game. I thought dance was cute, but let me tell you, there is nothing cuter than three and four year olds playing soccer. Here are some pictures to prove it.
Is it weird that my three year old has more social commitments than I do? Yeah, I kind of thought so...